Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh, The People You'll Meet!

My husband and I were headed to our winter vacation in the Bahamas. In the Miami Airport, I was drawn to the most colorfully dressed gentleman. He had hair to his waist and half of his silver locks were dyed bright blue...the other half was his natural silver color. He wore wild printed harmen pants and a bright yellow shirt with little dogs over it. I knew he didn't look like the guys I know in Nebraska and I debated whether to ignore my curiosity or walk up and find out who this guy was. You can see from the picture, I elected to lose my inhibitions and discovered this was Patch Adams. Remember the Robin Williams movie a few years ago with the clown nosed doctor who treated very sick children? Patch was headed to Ecuador to do some work in a hospital there along with many other volunteers wearing their clown noses. How many times do we miss the opportunity to meet fabulous people because of those silly inhibitions we carry around with us? So the next time you see me in an airport and I come up and introduce myself to you, share your story with me. I'm dying to know about the intriguing person I see in front of me!

No comments: