Sunday, October 25, 2015

Join Me at Houston Quilt Market & Festival!

This morning my sister and I left Nebraska for the Houston Quilt Market & Festival, the biggest U.S. event of the year for quilters.  With scary television coverage of torrential rain, flooding and wind in the Houston area, we didn't know quite what to expect.  Though it was cloudy and raining as we landed, the flight itself was fairly uneventful.  We checked into our room at The Hilton and immediately made our way to the Convention Center.

For those of you unfamiliar with this event, there are two parts to the week.  Quilt Market is geared to the store buyers who make their way to Houston to purchase exciting, innovative products to entice their sewing customers.  The booths are a feast for the eyes and each vendor offers a smorgasbord of color and carefully executed artistry to draw people in.  It's truly a sight to behold for those of us who have a passion and love for the art of sewing and quilting.   Quilt Festival opens Wednesday night and goes through Saturday.  It's geared to the quilt and sewing enthusiasts who come to see, touch, hear, and learn everything they can about their passion.

Each day I plan to post a few more pictures of my daily highlights.  Join me as I take you with me on my fun, fabulous week in Houston!
#Sulky     #BERNINA




No comments: