Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Photos From Day 3 of Quilt Market & Festival

This is a picture of the cool technique I learned in Esterita Austin's class on making flowers with sheer fabrics.  Mine was a big, ugly mess so I'm showing you the work of a student who is considerably more talented than myself!


And Now, my FAVORITE QUILT WINNERS from the Award Show tonight!
First of all, our Homestate Girl from Nebraska...Kris Vierra who walked away with the oh so prestigious "Pfaff Master Award for Machine Artistery".  Woo Hoo!   YES!


TOP PRIZE OF THE NIGHT went to Janet Stone from Overland, KS.  Bits of black & white made the colors sizzle.  I want to be her!




This is an abstract quilt by Shirley Gisi and I think it would be perfect in MY house!


This was a "Judge's Choice" winner called "A Toast to Toulouse-Lautrec" by Katherine Donges and Susan Slaton.

"Tagged" by Patricia Kennedy Zafred depicting Japanese prisoners of war held in internment camps.
It sent chills. 

"My Sweet House" with Kirara, submitted by Ayako Kawakami from Japan who proudly showed it with her daughter.  It's loaded with hand sewn embellishments!


One of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES of the night was "Fly Me To The Moon" by Jerry Granata.
I've never seen another quilt quite like it.  It was absolutely OUTRAGEOUS and accented with
fabulously garish lame' accents!

And LAST but absolutely NOT LEAST!!!  This INCREDIBLE quilt that was her FIRST quilt EVER!  How can someone not only impeccably construct this and design this...YES!...It's an ORIGINAL...with itsy bitsy pieces and everything matches...AND she won the entire Pieced Quilt category.  Way to go, Angela Petrocelli with your quilt entitled "Why Not".  Called that because her grandma said, "Are you sure you want to start with something so challenging?" and her reply was, "Why NOT?"  And the REST is history.  Maybe I'll make my first quilt next year and win 1st prize.  Yeah, right!!!



Ohhh...WHAT a night!!!

No comments: