Monday, June 28, 2010

Creative Women Creating



Summer is a time when I usually don't travel a lot with my Sulky job. One of my favorite things to do is meet with my creative friends and spend an afternoon getting a little dirty as we try something new. When warm weather arrives, I really look forward to the chance to go outdoors and spend some time playing with messy paints and dyes. Find a group of women who you love and set aside some playtime! Last month the four of us played with oilsticks. As you can see, this month we painted with fabric dyes. And next month, we're going to learn some new ideas to create fabric by stitching on water soluble stabilizers. As you can see, Carla, Chris, Darlene and myself had a lot of fun creating our fabulous fabric! It's easier than you would think and goes fast! I've already gone to the art store to buy more dyes. I purchased several colors of Jacquard silk dyes. I'm anxious to paint some of my silks and then incorporate them into some new wearable art pieces. Send me photos of what you're doing with your creative friends!

No comments: